Hello, and Happy New Year to everyone who reads me 🙂 It’s been a while, but we’re back again.
Photo of the week:
What we were up to until now:
- We had pleasant holidays, hardly did any school in December on account of celebrations and sicknesses, so maybe our holidays were a bit too long. Starting new semester certainly wasn’t easy.
- We had a small celebration on January 3 for Tolkien’s birthday, not as awesome as last year, but still. Kids did some lovely artwork :
- We went to see the new “Star Wars” and enjoyed it quite a bit
- We did some routine work for school in an attempt to figure out if there are any new gaps (there are! )
- I am re-evaluating our progress through the school year and trying to see what kind of challenges we need to implement to spend our days more effectively and leave space for fun stuff. Basically I will probably increase the amount of “unit studies,” I don’t think we do that enough. I also need to lighten up a bit, as I realized 😀
- We are reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, the gorgeous illustrated edition. Lovely feeling of bonding over the same book. D. read the whole series a few times already, but C. didn’t, so it’s fun seeing her all wide-eyed. She did see the movie (like her mama she doesn’t mind spoilers at all) but the book is so much more delicious.
In the kitchen:
- We started January with a whole new bunch of recipes to try out: we did Chicken with Leeks Casserole (recipe found here) and today I made Gyeran bbang (South Korean street food — egg bread), recipe came from The Perfect Egg cookbook which I reviewed not long ago. It was an absolute success!
I drew a lot in 2016 and I am continuing into 2016, I am hoping to get better and better. For inspiration I created a drawing prompts jar — details on my newly created artistic pursuits blog
Plans for the next week include a doctor visits (fingers crossed all goes well), school at home, hopefully finding time to meet friends. My main goal is to find harmony in every little thing we do.
Wishing a great week to everybody!