I am a bad blogger again…busy, busy
Photo of the week:
What we’ve been up to:
Learning at home:
We are wrapping up our school year. Kids are tired, so am I. We still have a couple of things to do for math with D. and I am considering stretching them out. We will finish it all during the summer by breaking up tasks into small exercises.
Learning outside of home:
- We went to a lovely bird banding class. So much fun, and we learned a lot about bird migration. The weather was less agreeable last week, but now it seems to be clearing up so we’re excited to be outdoors again.
- D. had his final concert with choir, what a lovely evening spent listening to beautiful music performed by beautiful children. In addition to that, D.’s choir participated in Carmina Burana performance with Lone Tree Symphony Orchestra. Amazing performance. Even little C. sat through the whole thing. It was a bit tiring for D.–rehearsal and two concerts in addition to our regular activities. He enjoyed it though. When he first started choir two years ago I could have never thought he’d love it so much, but he does.
- Karate practices continue.
- C. did well at her ballet practice, recital is coming up.
- Both finished their swimming program.
What we are making:
C. made a very special bracelet for me
I tried to upgrade C’s plain denim dress, embroidery+needdle felting
What are we reading:
- D. reads Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K.Rowling, he’s getting along pretty slowly. He also reads “Number the Stars” by Lois Lowry for his co-op class.
- We read a bunch of picture books with C. her most favorite ones for the past two weeks are:
Superworm by Julia Donaldson
and ever so lovely
Children of the Forest by Elsa Beskow
- Mama reads: I re-read Persuasion by Jane Austen for warmth and comfort. I am also savoring Rain by Cynthia Barnett, absolutely fascinating.
- Reading in Russian: Д. читает Детскую Библию, сам взял, стало интересно, еще старенькую мою. К. читает “Лёля и Минька” Зощенко. Вместе с удовольствием прочитали “Арбуз у зубра”.
Just a couple of weeks left for us to wrap up our activities and turn the page on Grade 4 and Kindergarten.
Looking back at our busy April:
- Kids tried to create book spine poetry
- We went flower watching at local garden
- D. participated in a karate tournament and we learned a lot from it
- Bird banding class